Thursday, May 7, 2009

Finland - Winter landscape (FI-535562)

As you may have already noticed, I've been showing you Finnish cards every 2nd update :) I really have a big variety of Finnish cards waiting in the queue now, so it's never just a random choice :) I've decided to choose this beautiful winter landscape for today's update for 2 reasons: first of all, it reminds of of the winter, which is already over (By the way, my summer holidays are going to begin in a week, but I honestly doubt, if it can make the summer come here earlier) and for the contrast with the card that you can see above :) I love both winter and summer and I was never able to answer the question about my favorite season. I think that the winter in Finland (and other northern countries) is especially beautiful.

FI-535562

I love the frost on the trees and I'm trying to save in my memory some beautiful winter landscapes that I've really seen, as it doesn't happen very often. It seems to me that when I was a child (it was not really long time ago) ;) the winter was usually real, with lots of snow and frost. But maybe it's just such impression, because people usually remember only the best moments from their childhood... If the grass was greener, maybe also the snow might have been whiter and more frequent then? Anyway, the last time I saw a wonderful landscape with trees and hills covered by snow was in January... And I remember it very well for sure, because it was in Ukraine :)

No comments: