Friday, April 3, 2009

Italy - Le Langhe (IT-38984)

I received this card as an official several days ago :) It's been a very good week, when it comes to my postcards collection: I've received 9 officials, 3 cards for RRs and 2 in private swaps :) Perhaps some of you receive much more mail, but currently I'm fully satisfied with the amount of cards I find in my mailbox. I joined Postrossing in May 2008 and I was glad to receive 2-3 cards a week. I used to think that people, who have received 200 or 300 cards just don't value them anymore, because receiving them becomes a daily habit. Now that I've received 247 officials (and at least 200 cards in unofficial exchange) I know it's not true :) Of course, I don't feel that euphoria, which I experienced, when I found the first 2 cards (from Finland and Germany) in my mailbox, but I'm always very excited checking the mailbox and I love the cards that I receive, even if they come from a very popular country, like Finland :) And of course I value my cards more and more! As Polish people say - "Apetyt rośnie w miarę jedzenia" ("Appetite comes with eating"), so probably the number of cards that I send and receive will keep on increasing :)))



IT-38984


This card shows the beautiful landscape of Le Langhe region of Italy. I like these green hills and mountains far away. Unfortuantely, the sender didn't write anything more about this card and Wikipedia also doesn't provide much information... But I must tell you I really love the stamp, because it shows Aosta Valley - the only region of Italy that I've been to :)

The Langhe (Langa from old dialect Mons Langa et Bassa Langa) is a hilly area to the south and west of the river Tanaro in the province of Cuneo in Piedmont, northern Italy. It is famous for its wines, cheeses, and truffles—particularly the white truffles of Alba. The countryside as it was in the first half of the 20th century features prominently in the writings of Beppe Fenoglio and Cesare Pavese, who was born here, in Santo Stefano Belbo.

No comments: