Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Germany - Bamberg (DE-310457)

I have a lot of reasons to love this card :) First of all, it shows the town of Bamberg, which is a new UNESCO site in my collection (as I promised, I'm going to tell you, when I have 100 of them, but I still don't think it's going to be soon). It is also a map card and my first one with a city map. Morover, there's a beautiful train on the stamp. Last but not least, it's very orange :)))

I think I've already written it for hundreds of times, but it's always very pleasant to receive a card fitting my wishes so well not only because it enriches my collection, but also because it's nice to feel that people, who don't know me at all and get my address randomly care to make me happy :)


DE-310457

Bamberg is a town in Bavaria, Germany. It is located in Upper Franconia on the river Regnitz, close to its confluence with the river Main. Bamberg is one of the few cities in Germany that was not destroyed by World War II bombings because of a nearby Artillery Factory that prevented planes from getting near to Bamberg.

The Old Town of Bamberg is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage, primarily because of its authentic medieval appearance. The city established a documentation centre in 2005 to support World Heritage activities.

1 comment:

- said...

Bamberg, one of my friends has been there last year :) most be beautiful!