Friday, March 6, 2009

The Netherlands - Amsterdam (NL-140765)

This postcard shows the Dutch Canal in Amsterdam. I've been to Amsterdam once (5 years ago) and I also took a boat trip on the canals. I especially like the architecture of Amsterdam, but I think I should go there again, because spending there just one day and such a long time ago isn't enough to know the city well :) I remember that the thing, which surprised me the most in Amsterdam (that was my first trip to the Netherlands) were hundreds of bicycles standing on the streets. Of course, these were not very good or modern ones, but here people definitely wouldn't leave their bikes on the street :) It's an interesting part of Dutch culture... Even on this card you can see many bikes on the bridge, if you look carefully :)

NL-140765

No comments: