Thursday, August 21, 2008

USA - Long Island (US-236218)

I really love this card showing Long Island :) Well, I'm not fond of sea and beach, but this card has a special atmosphere, in my opnion. The next thing that I like about this card is that it surprised me :) Long Island is a part of New York, so I would expect a city view with skyscrapers, busy streets etc. This card makes me feel that there are also some calm and peaceful places in NY :)

Long Island is an island located in southeastern New York, USA, its western shores directly across from Manhattan, from which the island stretches northeast into the Atlantic Ocean. It contains four counties, two of which (Queens and Kings) are boroughs (Queens and Brooklyn) of New York City, and two of which (Nassau and Suffolk) are suburbs of that city. Long Island Sound is the body of water between its northern shore and the state of Connecticut.

US-236218

No comments: