Thursday, July 17, 2008

Italy - Pianello del Lario (IT-17605)

My first official Italian card arrived after 54 days (well, according to the postmark it travelled only 4 days) from Pianello del Lario. This postcard shows the Como Lake. I've been to Italy once (for several hours, but for me it still counts ;)), but only to Aosta, so I don't know much about this lake. Here is some information about it (from Wikipedia, of course) ;) :

Lake Como (Lago di Como in Italian, also known as Lario; Lach de Comm in Insubric; Latin: Larius Lacus) is a lake of glacial origin in Lombardy, Italy. It has an area of 146 km², making it the third largest lake in Italy, after Lake Garda and Lake Maggiore. At over 400 m deep it is one of the deepest lakes in Europe and the bottom of the lake is more than 200 metres (656 ft) below sea-level

Isn't that interesting? I would never learn about it without postcrossing...

IT-17605

No comments: