Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Japan - Hirosaki castle (JP-43655)

That's my 4th offcial card from Japan :) I've noticed that Japanese cards are mostly single views and often without any writting on the front side. But I don't have many cards from Japan, so I may be wrong :)
This card shows the Hirosaki castle during the spring. I find it very beautiful, especially because of the architecture, which is unusual for someone, who hasn't been to Asia (like me). We've got a "Japanese garden" in our city with some Japanese plants, but it's quite small and I'm sure it doesn't show the beauty of Japan. Anyway, I've seen many Japanese tourists there :)

Hirosaki Castle (弘前城, Hirosaki-jō) is a 17th century Japanese castle located in Hirosaki city, Aomori prefecture, Japan. It was constructed in 1611 by the local Tsugaru clan. A three-storied castle tower, fortified moats, castle gates and some corner turrets (yagura) survive or have been reconstructed.

The surrounding Hirosaki Park is one of Japan's most famous cherry blossom spots. Over a million people enjoy the park's 2600 trees during the sakura matsuri (cherry blossom festival) when the cherry blossoms are in bloom, usually during the Japanese Golden Week holidays in the end of April and beginning of May.

JP-43655

No comments: