Monday, February 9, 2009

UK - London (ES-33635)

This card was sent from Spain, but shows London, the capital of England. It's not my first card from this city (although it's my first multiview from London and I like it very much), so I think I've already mentioned my school trip to London before :) That was nearly 5 years ago, which seems to be a lot at my age, so I don't remember much (well, I remember some places, but not the city as a whole).

ES-33635

London is the capital of both England and the United Kingdom, and the largest metropolitan area in the European Union. An important settlement for two millennia, London's history goes back to its founding by the Romans. Since its foundation, London has been part of many movements and phenomena throughout history, including the English Renaissance, the Industrial Revolution, and the Gothic Revival. The city's core, the ancient City of London, still retains its limited medieval boundaries; but since at least the 19th century, the name "London" has also referred to the whole metropolis that has developed around it. London is one of the world's most important business, financial and cultural centres and its influence in politics, education, entertainment, media, fashion and the arts contributes to its status as a major global city.

No comments: