This card shows the old town of Kėdainiai in central part of Lithuania.
Kėdainiai is one of the oldest cities in Lithuania. It is located on the Nevėžis River. First mentioned in the 1372 Livonian Chronicle of Hermann de Wartberge, its population as of 2008 was 30,214. Kėdainiai old town from the 18th century is one of the largest in Lithuania.
The former Town Hall, the House of Rectors, the Church of St. George, the Calvinist Church, and the House of Scotch Merchants are notable architectural sites. It was a custom that everyone arriving in Kėdainiai had to bring a stone for the construction of the town. Kėdainiai is also the location of the only minaret in Lithuania. In all, Kėdainiai have two synagogues, one Ortodox church, one Lutheran church, two Catholic churches and one Calvinist church.