Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Germany - Munich (DE-232716)

Have I already written, that I love German cards, because many of them are multiviews with over 15 pictures? :) I don't know, if I should say that I've been to Munich, because I've been only at the airport :)) I'd like to visit the city as well someday...

Munich (German: München) is the capital city of Bavaria, Germany. Munich is located on the River Isar north of the Bavarian Alps. Munich is the third largest city in Germany, after Berlin and Hamburg. There are approximately 1.35 million inhabitants within Munich.

The city's motto is "München mag Dich" ("Munich Likes You"), before 2006, it was "Weltstadt mit Herz" (world city with heart). Its native name, München, is derived from the Old German word for Mönche, which means "Monks" in English. This is the reason for the monk on the city's coat of arms. Black and gold - the colours of the Holy Roman Empire - have b
een the city's official colours since the time of Ludwig the Bavarian.

DE-232716

No comments: