Monday, October 27, 2008

China - a teapot

This postcard shows a traditional Chinese teapot, which makes me want to have some tea (although I don't have such a nice teapot). I also like the Chinese text on the front side of postcard, although I can't read it :) I just like "strange" (for me) signs and wondering, what could be their meaning :) I remember I had the same attitude to Cyrillic alphabet until I learnt it myself at age of 11 :)

Yixing clay teapots (simplified Chinese: 宜兴; traditional Chinese: 宜興; pinyin: Yíxīng; Wade-Giles: I-Hsing) (also called Purple Sand (simplified Chinese: 紫砂; pinyin: zǐshā; Wade-Giles: tsu sha ) are a traditional pots made from Yixing clay and commonly used to brew tea. They originated in China, dating back to the 15th century, and are made from clay produced in the region of the town of Yixing, in the eastern Chinese province of Jiangsu.

No comments: