Saturday, September 20, 2008

USA - Montana (US-249624)

I've got another map card in my collection! :) And it's one of my favorite ones! It makes me sure that many postcrossers still put some effort to choose a nice official card that would fit the receiver's wishes :)

Montana is a state in the Western United States. The western one-third of the state has numerous mountain ranges (approximately 77 named) of the northern Rocky Mountains; thus the state's name, derived from the Spanish word montaña 'mountain.' The state nickname is the "Treasure State." Other nicknames include "Land of Shining Mountains", "Big Sky Country", and the slogan "the last best place". The economy is primarily based on ranching and wheat farming in the east, lumber and tourism in the west, oil and coal in the east, and hard rock mining in the west. Millions of tourists annually visit Glacier National Park, the Battle of Little Bighorn site, and three of the five entrances to Yellowstone National Park.

US-249624

1 comment:

Ana said...

Im expecting this map to arrive to me any day soon! I love it as well....well, i love map-cards in general :)