Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bulgaria - Bourgas, Plovdiv, Sofia, Veliko Turnovo

I received this pretty multiview card in a swap from forum member dj_christina from Bulgaria :) It shows 4 Bulgarian cities - Бургас (Bourgas), Пловдив (Plovdiv), София (Sofia - the capital of Bulgaria) and Велико Търново (Veliko Turnovo).
I've been to Bulgaria once (this year!), but I spent only 3 days in Sofia... Of course it's not enough to say that I know this country, because Sofia is very multicultural (it was interesting to see an Orthodox church, mosque and synagogue in one quarter of the city). I also liked the ancient churches (the church of Sv. Georgi was built in 4th century) that aren't shown on this postcard.
I noticed that most of Bulgarian people (at least in Sofia) speak English much better than Poles, but I wanted to pratise my Bulgarian anyway :) That was difficult, because I'm very shy and I was afraid of making too many mistakes. But I was able to understand them and probably they understood them, so it's not so bad :) I'd like to go Bulgaria again someday, at least to check, if my Bulgarian has already improved :)

No comments: